agreed for reunion, how to withdraw 498a case?

Sir, My husband filed divorce case and 2 police cases against me due to some family misunderstanding issues 2 years before.. i am having kids, at that critical situation, from my side, conjugal rights, domestic violence act, 498 a case against him as the lawyers advice.. Now, my husband came to me and agreed for reunion. i m also willing in reunion. But, his condition is, i have to accept that i have filed false case and i have to withdraw all the cases, after that he will withdraw his case in court..what i have to do next? please guide me sir. .. how i can withdraw my 498a case?

Answers (3)

99 votes

Hi madam, if you have already engage a lawyer for your side you have to file withdrawn memo for settled out of court through your lawyer before the court in your case and concerned all the cases you have to do it same.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

111 votes

As per Indian Penal Code Section 498A case is not compoundable in the sense it cannot be compromised before the trial court. You need to either file a quashing petition before the High Court or to turn as hostile witness before the trial court. Better in one case you need to include all settlement terms and conditions.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
106 votes

You can withdraw the sec 498a case as it is a compoundable office. For this you need to file a withdrawal petition application in the court where the complaint has been filed stating you do not want to pursue this case. Thereafter the case will be withdrawn.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."