Wife expired due to cancer wants to apply for legal heir certificate

my wife expired due to cancer,for this who is eligible to get legal hire certificate and also I have two sons. my wife LIC nominee was my name before her death.1 month before of my wife death, my wife parent's changed nominee also,so how can i get that amount to my kids. my self and my kids are eligible to get legal hire certificate ad per law?

Answers (2)

325 votes

This is M.A RAHEEM KHAN Advocate, From : Hyderabad, @ lawrarto.com

You have to file the civil suit to declare you and your kids as legal heir of your wife and also file the petition to stay on LIC Amount till declaration of court you and your kids as legal heirs.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

166 votes

Firstly, a legal Heir Certificate can be obtained by Husband/wife/mother/son/daughter of the deceased member. In your case you can apply for legal heir certificate.
As is written in the query that the nominee has been changed (month before the death) it may be difficult for you to claim from her insurance.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Anup S Dhannawat
Borivali West, Mumbai
5 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles