Procedure to get guardianship certificate without legal adoption

A girl whose father and mother died since long years ago and she is living with us from her childhood as our daughter, but some how we did not make any legal adoption. Now she is 25 years of age. we want some document from which we can be her legal guardian. Is there any process remain by which we can get guardianship certificate of the said girl of 25 years of age.

Answers (2)

240 votes

she is of 25 years and adult.There is no legal provision to get guardianship certificate on her.Guardianship certificate is issued by District deligated officer, normally District Judge of concern jurisdiction.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

84 votes

Guardianship cannot be taken of the major age person. Here the girl is a major.
Court cannot grant legal guardianship to you of a girl who is of 25 years of age.
The Act specifically mention certain conditions for granting membership.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
Advocate Prerna Oberoi
Sector 41, Noida
8 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles