Procedure to get certificate for caste change

Sir my cast is sc chak**** I want to change cast sure name I don't want any gov offers can i change my cast sure name any legal way pls help me sir

Answers (2)

211 votes

It appears that your query is regarding the cast surname. Certainly you can drop the same or even adopt a new name without the surname following the due process. There is no law or rule which requires that a person's name should have surname indicating his/her caste.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

216 votes

I dont get what you intended to ask, whether you want to change your caste, or you want to change your name by removing the cast name along with it. Please respond clearly. There is no meaning in replying to your querry without understanding the real intention.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles