Making franchisee agreement without endangering tenancy rights

i have a shop on rent in new delhi which i want to give to another party without endangering my tenancy rights so i want a frnachise agreement to safe guard my rights.

Answers (3)

298 votes

The terms and conditions of your original lease deed should have a provision for allowing you to sub-let the property to a third person. Kindly share more details pertaining to your lease deed so that a proper advise be given.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

229 votes

The contents of the agreement depends on how your lease agreement is worded. I will have to have a look at the document then give my opinion on it. Please share the agreement got any further clarification or opinion.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience
179 votes

I am assuming that you do not want to run your own business activity in the rented commercial space and have a profit sharing relation with another person. If that is the case then you can enter into a profit sharing scheme with another party where the management and day to day activities are carried on by another party and you share a mutually decided profit. In order to check if a franchise agreement endangers your tenancy rights or not, we must look into your lease agreement first.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles