Legal procedure to correct survey number after 20 years of purchase

20 years after purchase of plot measurung 200 sq yards i came to know that Incorrect survey number has been mentioned in my sale deed then i was thinking to execute rectification deed by the seller in my favour but i came to know that the seller has expired and i have also constructed a house in the said land 15 years back.please advice me how to proceed for correction of survey number

Answers (3)

67 votes

Hello sir,

You are telling that you are in the possession of the said land from 20 yrs without any interruption whatsoever, so you have adverse possession in respect of the land. You just file writ petition to correct the sY. No.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

246 votes

you can get the rectification of the sale deed from the legal heirs of the executant, and hence it can be rectified after rectifying the sale deed from the legal heirs of the executant.
1. is there any change in door number
2. if there is any change in door number then only. you have to submit the document for mutaition of the records for correction

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience
79 votes

This is M.A RAHEEM KHAN Advocate,
From : Hyderabad, @

Yes you right rectification deed is not possible if your vendor is expired, I suggest you to file application before Mandal Revenue officer to conduct survey and send the survey report with correct survey number to Sub - Registrar and request for rectify, through this procedure you can correct the survey number, in case if Mandal Revenue officer is not respond to your application then you can file case against the MRO and sub registrar for seeking direction from the court to conduct survey and rectify the correct survey number.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles