×

Legal issues on registering marriage over stamp paper

marege register on stamp peppar any legal probleum

As per the present law in India, every marriage in India shall be registered in the panchayath or municipality as per the marriage Act. The marriage contract on stamp paper is not legally Valid.

So you need to apply for marriage before the government authority concerned and get it registered, for the legal validity.

Regards,

PT Sheejish,
Advocate,
Ernakulam

Hai.
A marriage though a contract bound by law cant be registered as a stamp paper agreement. There is no legal value for the same. It will only help to show and keep as an invalid paper executed by both parties. No legal value

Hope am upto ur query

Shaniwar Peth, Pune

From your querry, I cant understand in which religion you belong. After knowing that info only I can give a detailed reply. In general marriage is to be registered as per the rules and regulations before the concerned local authority.