Is certificate by Arya samaj valid proof of marriage ?

Sir I married in arya samaj mandir and got married certificate but not registered in resistar office. So is it valid married or not?

Answers (4)

303 votes

The marriage is valid if you have certificate of marriage from Arya Samaj, but you still need to get your marriage registered before the Registrar. The process is simple but once you obtain certificate from registrar you have completed the process.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

79 votes

Only certificate of Arya Samaj is not a proof of valid marriage. As per Hindu religious custom seven satpadi and other ritual is also necessary to bring a marriage valid. If other ritual if marriage is being performed by you than only it is a valid marriage.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience
169 votes

arya samaj marriage is genuine but you must register ur marriage in registrar office , without registration your marriage is only mutual connect , so register your marriage as well as soon in concern registrar office

257 votes

No, it's not a valid marriage certificate, after that marriage in arya samaj mandir you must be registered your marriage in sub registrar office,
When you registered your marriage in sub registrar office than you got a certificate by office,
That's valid marriage certificate.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles