How to change name of nominee in case of account holder dies

15-Apr-2023 (In Documentation Law)
My father was die due to sickness and my mother name is a nominee in bank account but there is an issue because my mother name is bharti but in bank account the nominee name was bhavika so i have to change the nominee name from bhavika to bharti so whats the legal procedure so should i have to follow..
Answers (3)

Answer #1
849 votes
Dear Querist, Nominee can changed only by the Account Holder himself. As the Account Holder has expired, now it cannot be changed. In the bank details, alongwith name of nominee there would be a column for relation. So make a representation to the bank stating that Mrs. Bharti is the wife of account holder and it seems there is typographical error while making nomination. Also submit an indemnity and affidavit for the same.

Rakesh V. Misar
Answer #2
977 votes
You can get heirship certificate made which will have the names of all the legal heirs ,additionally was Bhavika your mother's maiden name ? then the requisite documents with an application/affidavit as per bank requirement can be given.
Answer #3
790 votes
You have to get the name change Gazzete done.. and the old name can b changed to the new name . post whic make application in the bank for name change.....

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."