Won't sign for 2nd motion of mutual divorce as want contested divorce

I am a Hindu man got married in 2015 but not live together for a single day, after completion of one year we filed joint petition for divorce but I don't want to sign second motion and want to go for contested divorce. What cases she can file against me. And for how long can I drag the case.

Answers (4)

307 votes

Sir you can very well widraw your consent from the second motion there is no offence in that she can only send you notice through here lawyer to perform your part of duty. But in hindu law you can very well widraw your consent before second motion send a notice to her

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

146 votes

Sir she can file domestic violence, 408 A, maintenance cases against you and you can drag it but you have to reveal that why you don't want to sign second motion petition and what will be your defence in this.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
271 votes

It's your choice if you don't wants to go for second motion and wants to contest divorce case..Your wife can ask for simple maintenance, or can file Domestic Violence wherein she can ask for compensation, maintenance & residence rights..
She also can file a criminal case regarding cruelty, dowry demand and criminal breach of trust. and finally she can file divorce case.

67 votes

See if as per your query you want a divorce from her, now you want to file a contested case of divorce, it will be better if you go for it.

She can file a case for maintenance under 125 crpc, Complaint in CAW cell, Domestic violence case

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles