Withdrawal procedure of case under section 498A

How to withdraw case 498A I am hindu by religion

Answers (2)

176 votes

Since 498A IPC is a non compoundable case i.e a case can not be compromised in law, cannot be compromised straight way under Section 320 CrPC, what we do, we let the accused file a case for quashing of the case under Section 498A IPC before the Hon'ble High Court and during the pendency of the same we let both the accused person and the defacto aomplainant, i.e. the person who filed the case under Section 498A, a joint petition for compromise and thereafter accordingly move such application showing reference to the Hon'ble Supreme Court in Madhurima Bhargava's case and also Gian Singh's case and this way -plenty of my clients have got instant and less expensive remedies. All the best.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

271 votes

Please note that since case under section 498A of IPC is a criminal section so it has to be quashed under section 482 of Cr.Pc. You need to first convince the complainant to withdraw the case and make her sign an understanding on this. The High Court may get pleased to quash the 498A after seeing the memo of understanding.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles