Withdrawal of divorce case and reapply in another court.

Can I withdraw divorce case on technical ground and reapply fresh petition in another court in another state? Becoz my job have been shifted to another state . I m a female.

Answers (2)

269 votes

No you can't withdraw your casè for this reason you apply petition mentioning your cause and difficulty and transfer the case to that state if you withdraw without reason not giving the appropiate cause you can't file with same cause of action another case it will hit rejudicata and your husband will take the advantage of resjudicata and quashed the case

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

111 votes

yes you can withdraw the case and for this you will have to file a petition for dismissal of case for non prosecution along with affidavit before the LD Court where the case is pending and LD court can dismiss the case and you can file a fresh suit for divorce in another state but in your application you have to mention that the similar application was dismissed for non prosecution and you have file the certified copy of that order before the later court

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles