Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Wife wants mutual divorce after ex parte divorce is already done

My wife gone to her place and we tried to bring her but she didn't and then we have taken exparte divorce in 2012 and also got married for 2 years and now old wife wanted mutual divorce I am having the decree as well publication but she telling I will do FIR for 420 now pls guide me should I send my court decree or something else

Answers (5)

If u r take the divorce ex party not requirement to file a fresh suit for divorce by mutual consent. Another suit of divorce is barred by law but one more thing u have to remarriage after 90 days of ex party order. If u a marrige before 90 days of exparty divore order your wife have a right to reopen the case of ex party judgment.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

As it's an order passed by the hon'ble court she can't register FIR against you bcoz it would be against the order of the court, also police will do the only after investigation, before that they can't take any action so don't worry.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience

no need to file mutually consented divorce petition coz a court decree of exparte divorce in favour of u n time of appeal also passed away ... 420 ipc F.I.r.not mentinabable I don't worry n enjoy ur life

When you taken exparte divorce..you send the notice to old wife but your old wife not present in the court...then court give you exparte divorce..your divorce is legaly & your second marriage is legal
Your first wife says you to got a mutual divorce that is illegal...so your first wife got a application..your divorce petition..then..both party file the compromise court get the finally divorce on the basis of compromise.
And..your first wife who charged 420 ipc ...this is illegal

Dear Concerned, Please be informed that your Ex parte divorce is a valid divorce and , today your ex wife can not ask for a mutual divorce. Please note a case that has been decided to finality by any court can not be raised again in any other court. ALSO dont be bogged down by her threats of filing false fir etc. Please note you have a valid ex parte decree IF IN case YOU Ex WIFE manages to fiel a complaint and police calls you for enquiry because of a false complaint filed by your ex wife just carry your copy of divorce. YOUR work will be done. FOR a detailed discussion you may contact us at Lawrato .

Best of Luck

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 19999
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2499
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 999
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 25000
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 9999
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

I am going though family issues.I have 5 Years old son.So far we have done eveything for settling the issues and stay together.But nothing works out.O…

Read More

I live in pune. Me n wife both have address of our native place on Id proof. Now pune is convenient for both of us for filing mutual divorce. Is it po…

Read More

My husband has an affair and keep his girlfriend at my home last one month . so lots of fights at home. earlier he said we will stay together nicely a…

Read More

What Is Mutual Divorce I have one kid 11months my wife is not at happy with my parents she doesn't want come back again to my home I try to tell i…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue