Wife ran away to the US both christians no contact what to do legally

Hi, my wife ran away from me in May last year to her parents. Me and my wife are both Christians.We got married in December 2015 and lived together for 5 months.She stopped taking me calls after going away. My parents asked her parents where she was and they lied that my wife was living with them in India. Now I found out that my wife has ran off to the US in Aug 2016.

Answers (5)

260 votes


If you know her US address, send a legal notice to your wife asking her to join you back and resume matrimonial relationship with you or you can send the said notice to her parents house as that is her last known address. If she returns back to you fine or else file for divorce after December 2017.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

97 votes

Option 1
You should file a Restitution of conjugal rights petition under Section 32 of Indian divorce court in the court on the grounds that your wife has deserted you and that you are entitled to restore the conjugal rights.
In general in a RCR petition normally wife will refuse to join you. then you can always apply for divorce.
Option 2
Alternatively instead of filing a RCR petition you can also file a divorce petition straight away on the grounds of desertion and courts will be inclined to grant you divorce within 12 months from the date of your petition.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
150 votes

is she is interested a marital life with you , and did you are interested in marital life in future and moreover you need to try to contact her either by the watsapp or anyother communication so that it can be clear that she is ignoring you and if you are not interested in marital life further you need to send her the legal notice stating that you need divorce, until unless you get divorce you cant remarry
thank you

263 votes

Hello Sir, you can send legal notice to her at her parents house address sttating that come and join with her in your matrimonial life, it will be beneficial to you always in future. When you come to know that she went to US

139 votes

There are 10 grounds for dissolution of marriage, viz., adultery, cruelty, mutual consent, etc... similar to the grounds mentioned in Hndu Marriage Act. The district court is competent to dissolve the marriage and the church has no role to play. Either of the partners can make a petition for dissolution of marriage on the grounds that cohabitation is not existing for more than 1 year. The Competent court shall decide on the custody of the child depending on the age of child, capacity of either parents, willingness of the child, etc

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles