Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Wife leaves back to India with 3 year old son & demands divorce

We are Muslims. Married for 5 years and settled in Doha Qatar. My wife has left Qatar with our 3 year old son back to Bangalore without my permission to her family and refused to return and is pressuring me to sign khula and her family refuses to let me talk to my son. Can she take away my son without my permission? I do not want to divorce her as I love her too much and want to reconcile. I miss my family and I’m very helpless as I don’t know anybody in Bangalore who could guide me. Are her actions legal? What can I do in this case if she doesn’t want to give me a chance to reconcile. Her parents and siblings are forcing me to sign khula. Please guide me on what my rights are as I’m an Indian national married in Bangalore living in Doha Qatar since birth. They are calling me to Bangalore and I feel threat.

Answers (3)

if your wife has taken your son from your custody, without your consent to Banglore and you want your son back and your wife is not ready to arrive at settlement the proper course for u is to file case for custody of your son in Banglore only.
And if you do not want to divorce her do not sign the khula nama ;

if she is not ready to reconcile and lead life with you or provide rights over your son you proceed with filing of child custody case as mentioned above and if your wife or her family are causing threat to you, you can attend the case only when it is very much required rest other things your advocate in banglore should be able to take care of. and if the threats from them persist you can even approach police station for your security.

good luck:)

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

If the wife either deserts husband or neglects to perform her marital obligations without any proper reason, then you can apply a suit for restitution of conjugal rights. Apart from that you can fIle an application for custody of child under G&WC case though court may not.give you custody you can seek for visitation rights of child.

If you feel threatened and not willing to come to Bangalore best option is to give her khula since if you file for restitution of conjugal rights she may file false harassment cases against you.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience

Dear Sir, you need to come to Bangalore and consult an advocate, who can despatch a notice to your in-laws in connection with returning your wife and son to you. If they refuse, you will have to file a case for custody of your child and Restitution of Conjugal rights. Contact me for further details.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 19999
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2499
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 999
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 25000
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 9999
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

We have been married for 6 months and our marriage is non consummated, though both are potent. She has left me from last month for her home town, due …

Read More

I live in the US and my wife left to India taking my 2.5 year old daughter and said she will not return. This is 3rd time she is doing this in 6 year …

Read More

My husband has sent divorce petition at my moms place and I do not stay with them.the person was forcing my mom to sign it, but she didn't. My hus…

Read More

my husband and I are living separately He has all My jewellery and we both have joint property but he is claiming that he does not have my jewellery s…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue