Wife asking for money before signing second petition in mutual divorce

22-Apr-2023 (In Divorce Law)
Hello Team, Me and my wife had filed a petition of divorce by mutual consent last year. We had taken a common lawyer. After 6 months Court has given a date. Now wife is asking for alimony money of big amount. If I do not give the money, she will not sign the petition for the final time. In such case, what should be my action point? Kindly advise!! Thanks very much..

Answer #1
you have nothing to do now if your wife is now disagreed to appear to file affidavit in chief for final hearing to obtain divorce on mutual consent as applied for .However try to convince your wife otherwise the Divorce suit shall be dismissed for non prosecution by the Ld.court.

Answer #2
After the mutual consent divorce is filed, a date after 6 months is given. On that date both the spouse have to present and then only the divorce decree can be passed. Now your wife since claim money you will have to bargain cleverly by putting her pressure as well saying that if the mutual consent divorce is not granted she also remains in problem for considerable time period, but see so that she does not take away her consent from the proceeding, then the decree will not be passed. Act patiently. All the best. Regards
Answer #3
you have to move for contested divorce and claim the divorce from the court and it might be possible that you have to provide a bit of alimony in that case. but it might be waived. it is better advised to you to have a face to face interaction with the relevant documents of the court in order to provide you a better and accurate suggestion.