What to do if the husband is torturing and has filed case for divorce

11-May-2023 (In Divorce Law)
I am hindu by religion.. My husband used to beat me but now I have submitted my Complaint in women cell.. Now he wants divorce and false allegation on me. Now counselling sessions going on.. What I can do for justice
Answers (4)

Answer #1
563 votes
See first of all you file a case for maintenance under section 125 crpc and case of domestic violence in domestic violence act, if simply someone file a case for Divorce then it dosent mean that person will get it on his allegations
Answer #2
897 votes
In that case you need to tell us whether you want to continue the marriage or not
If he is making false allegations then definitely we can rebut those in the court for further information please contact
Answer #3
675 votes
As you said you already approached women cell and counselling sessions are going if wants to live with him then resolve it amicably if he promise will not misbehave in future..or you have right to ask for maintenance, residence rights, can file domestic violence complaint for monetary compensation..
Answer #4
982 votes
Mam you have to engage a lawyer who can fight for you and you need to file your defence as soon as possible and you can also file maintenance case against your husband and try to sort out the matter in women cell

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."