What to do if my in laws and husband physically abuse me?

Hello sir.. I'm a doctor.. Im married since a year.. he s a doctor too. My In-laws are in Madurai. They and my husband has physically abused me.. then v were living in Chennai.. again my husband was verbally and physically abused me.. now they blackmail tat come and live in Madurai with my parents or I won't live... And not allowing me to work and asked to be a slave.. if I stay in Madurai..can I get protection there or how can I take legal action ?! Pls help

Yes, you have every right to live your life as you like. Obviously, your husband can't do anything as you are not his servant. In case if he troubles you, you can move the court for getting injunction order against him in the family court. You can also proceed against him under criminal law as well.

Reference to your query. I would like to clarify the legal position. You initiate a criminal complaint complaint before the jurisdiction protection officer who is constituted for welfare of the women as statutory authority as per act .and you also can file domestic violence complaint before the jurisdiction magistrate.

The domestic violence act petition shall be filed. The women harassment act petition also filed. Make a police complaint now and process it. Do not go to Madurai no safety for the person. File many compliments.

Hello Doctor, I appreciate that you wanted to have work life balance. If you doubt your in-laws may trouble you if you move to Madurai then you may continue you your life in Chennai. Just understand that police and lawyer cannot follow you everyday at Madurai. If you not confident then don't go. If they abuse more then raise a complaint against them. For more legal support call me

If you intend to reside along with your husband, then it is not advisable to get a protection order from the court as it will disturb your husband and in laws forever. However, if you intend to reside alone, then the law shall provide protection and separate residence as such provisions exists in the protection of women from domestic violence act. Therefore, getting a protection order and living with your husband will not be advisable in the interest of your matrimonial life. However, if you are serious in staying away from your husband and in laws, you will be protected.