What to do if my in laws and husband physically abuse me?

Hello sir.. I'm a doctor.. Im married since a year.. he s a doctor too. My In-laws are in Madurai. They and my husband has physically abused me.. then v were living in Chennai.. again my husband was verbally and physically abused me.. now they blackmail tat come and live in Madurai with my parents or I won't live... And not allowing me to work and asked to be a slave.. if I stay in Madurai..can I get protection there or how can I take legal action ?! Pls help

Answers (5)

Yes, you have every right to live your life as you like. Obviously, your husband can't do anything as you are not his servant. In case if he troubles you, you can move the court for getting injunction order against him in the family court. You can also proceed against him under criminal law as well.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Reference to your query. I would like to clarify the legal position. You initiate a criminal complaint complaint before the jurisdiction protection officer who is constituted for welfare of the women as statutory authority as per act .and you also can file domestic violence complaint before the jurisdiction magistrate.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

The domestic violence act petition shall be filed. The women harassment act petition also filed. Make a police complaint now and process it. Do not go to Madurai no safety for the person. File many compliments.

Hello Doctor, I appreciate that you wanted to have work life balance. If you doubt your in-laws may trouble you if you move to Madurai then you may continue you your life in Chennai. Just understand that police and lawyer cannot follow you everyday at Madurai. If you not confident then don't go. If they abuse more then raise a complaint against them. For more legal support call me

If you intend to reside along with your husband, then it is not advisable to get a protection order from the court as it will disturb your husband and in laws forever. However, if you intend to reside alone, then the law shall provide protection and separate residence as such provisions exists in the protection of women from domestic violence act. Therefore, getting a protection order and living with your husband will not be advisable in the interest of your matrimonial life. However, if you are serious in staying away from your husband and in laws, you will be protected.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

Does Paternity DNA testing require consent of mother and court order. I am legal father of my son. My name is on his birth certificate. My son s birth…

Read More

How to confirm the case is closed in the police station and how to verify and have the proof in the hands that wife parents do not go to a different a…

Read More

We are childless since Marriage 12 years. My wife residing in there father's home from last 06 months.she wants separation.she is working in priva…

Read More

 One of my friend is in trouble for case of divorce. her husband filed divorce but now not giving divorce. husband's mother keep delaying and…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue