What to do if my husband and in laws are not supporting me

i got married 3 years back, my husband has left his job , hes not even interested to work any more. every time he makes excuses that he will do business .hes not even doing anything to work on it. me and my husband both has problem due to which m unabe to concieve, but he is not getting proper treatement but m under the supervision of a doctor. there is too much pressure on me from his family and him to have kid that too a boy. he's under so much influence of his father that he doesnt listen anything to me and do as his father says .They use abusive langugae He has no social manners, can start figting anywhere with anyone , have no regards for elders.I feel so embaressed and ashamed of his behaviour. my all gold, my id proofs, passbook are under his posession. 3 months back i got concived after so much efforts, no body took care of me and fighted with me due to which i was under too much stress and miscarraged happened. now m back to my parents. they dint take any steps to take me

Answers (3)

220 votes


You have to decide what to do here. If you want divorce, you can approach me, I will guide you through the same. You want to give marraige a chance, you can have counselling etc to sort this out.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

77 votes

firstly how can u survive with a man who dont respect you. secondly its better to move out of such relationship. you got right to go ahead and take necessary action. you can file a maintenance, domestic violence and a divorce. but please get yourself prepared first to face the legal issues.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
98 votes

Hello mam,
You can file a case for maintenance under 125 crpc, case under domestic violence act and also you will have to file a detailed complaint before CAW Cell in police station where you are residing presently

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles