quesWhat to do if I receive a divorce notice from my husband ?

Hi I have receuved a notice from my husband's lawyer stating that i have to go n get settled down with him at his house but m not ready to go i have been given 15 days tme to go back. Plz help me out.

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ansYour query is not very clear. What are the reasons for leaving the house and why do you don't want to go back? Any case, if you don't want to go back, you have to reply to the notice through a lawyer stating the reasons. Otherwise, he may proceed with legal options available.

      Advocate Samina Mirza

        Nerul, Navi Mumbai

    • ansAs you have received notice so now you also have to replied it through advocate, you have right to file maintenance cases against him and also against your inlaw wherein you can get maintenance, protection order, residence order. For further assistance you can contact me...

      Advocate Shashi Chaturvedi

        Dombivli, Thane

    • ansIt is advisable to meet an advocate and discuss the state of your marriage and your intentions ahead to reply to the notice accordingly.If you plan to go back to your matrimonial home then a reply is not neccessary but if not then many options are there and reply to be framed accordingly.

      Advocate Shalini Devi

        Goregoan East, Mumbai

    • ansHi if you agree with the terms and conditions and allegations made by your husband than you can go home if not than reply to notice and file case for maintenance against him if you to want divorce file divorce case simultaneously.

    • ansYou can reply his notice by saying that his behaviour and all other aspects which are intolerable and objectionable cannot be accepted and you don't want to continue relationship with him. You also mention certain incidences which you didn't like.

      Advocate Abhaysinh Kashinath Bhosle

        Seven Hills, Aurangabad

    • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

      Know More
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    I have been married since Feb,2015. I belong to Lucknow & my wife is from…
    If a man has done 2 marriages. One is done through rituals and one court…

    My brother recently got arya samaj marriage with muslim girl but they are not registered…

    I have compatibility issues with my husband and his family and the relationships are not…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

      Connaught Place
     Experience: 20 years

    View all >>

    Quick Consult

    Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

    Ask a Free Question

    Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

    Find a Lawyer

    Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

    Get Fee Estimate

    Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly