What to do as new judge for the case is not assigned yet

Sir/madam, I applied for intrim maintainance in feb 2018, my husband didn't come for 2 hearings, later the judge transferred in may.But New judge is not yet assigned. I have a girl baby of 1.9 months. Can we request to assign our case to a judge in another hall for next hearings... Do the judge make orders in another court hall..?

Answers (3)

340 votes

Since the situation being grave you can file memo for transfer of case before the principal court or registrar explaining the urgent need for hearing and there will be hearing on it and the orders passed on the same.
Normally in such cases transfers wil be done and the judge to whom the case is transfered do passes orders in it considering the alarming facts and circumstances.

Shridevi Bhosale

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

84 votes

Dear Madam,
Yes you can get the matter passed over to the incharge court and argue before the incharge court to hear the maintenance application. in your argument you can emphasise on your situation and seek the court to pass necessary orders.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
68 votes

Dear Madam,

The Case will be transferred/alloted to the incharge court and there will be a fresh hearing on maintainance application and later on the court will post the matter for orders on interim application . It will take a considerable time . when is the next date?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles