What to claim maintenance but does not want to give divorce

suppose im taking a 5lakhs for compramise but i dont want give a divorce is it possible

Answers (2)

270 votes

yes. you can take the money and still refuse to concede divorce as the money you receive is only a token money which you have received to part compensate the harassment and cruelty caused to you...

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

314 votes

Dear client,
Yes it is possible why because the primary duty of the husband is to feed his children and wife. According to sec125 of crpc the wife is the eligible person to claim maintainence from her husband without applying divorce and stayed seperatly.
If u have any queries about this contact me

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles