What is the process and ground for seeking divorce

I am a Hindu girl...had a love marriage last year and things did not turn up good between the two of us. I was emotionally and physically abused in the marriage and since January this year I am at my parents house. The guy is lying in all the matters and have no realisation of what he has done. My parents are not very strong and spontaneous as compared to my husbands family and even I am sensitive to matters. So before I bring out this word divorce in this whole situation I want to be clear about the process and how traumatic and painful this is going to be...everyone says divorce is difficult and things get ugly but I want to move out of this with dignity and low mental pressure. Please guide and let me know if I need to provide any further details. Thanks in advance

Answers (2)

Dear.. There are 3 remedies available for u First of all file the case of maintenance , domestic voilence and go forcomplaint in Women Cell . Second ly you can file for divorce also.. consult a lawyer

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Getting a divorce is like removing a bandaid. Painful but when removed a wound would he healed. The process will require you to visit the court and file a case. If the husband does not agree to divorce then you have to prove your agony in court.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
11 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

Hi, I am currently living in Hyderabad with my parents.I have been married for about 2 years. But my husband has given me much of mental torture and p…

Read More

Meri saas ne mere against case file kiya ghar ko khali karne ka jis ghar me m rahti hu vah unke naam hai . is ghar me 2and 1/2 years se rah rahi hu. B…

Read More

My friend(Hindu by religion) have file case of annulment on ground of mental illness of his wife. His wife was in depression from 2012 to 2013. He got…

Read More

If a couple has been staying separately for past 3 years without any connection and the court has bound the husband for alimony and the husband is pay…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue