What is the process and ground for seeking divorce

I am a Hindu girl...had a love marriage last year and things did not turn up good between the two of us. I was emotionally and physically abused in the marriage and since January this year I am at my parents house. The guy is lying in all the matters and have no realisation of what he has done. My parents are not very strong and spontaneous as compared to my husbands family and even I am sensitive to matters. So before I bring out this word divorce in this whole situation I want to be clear about the process and how traumatic and painful this is going to be...everyone says divorce is difficult and things get ugly but I want to move out of this with dignity and low mental pressure. Please guide and let me know if I need to provide any further details. Thanks in advance

Dear.. There are 3 remedies available for u First of all file the case of maintenance , domestic voilence and go forcomplaint in Women Cell . Second ly you can file for divorce also.. consult a lawyer

Getting a divorce is like removing a bandaid. Painful but when removed a wound would he healed. The process will require you to visit the court and file a case. If the husband does not agree to divorce then you have to prove your agony in court.