What is the procedure to file the case of divorce

I am hindu got married and stayed for 10days with my husband due to physical harassment I came to mother's home he came to my home and made me to commit suicide so I want to file divorce and my money back this is the fifth month of my marriage. So give me advice that how can I approach.

Answers (3)

82 votes

As you have to prove that what was the harassment by your husband and if we can prove that. For divorce there should be reasonable reason for the same. Regarding the money we ask in this divorce case. Separately you have to file for your maintenance and permanently alimony. Call us through website for assistance

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

61 votes

you can file the divorce petition in the appropriate court and as well as harrasment case on your husband,because he made conditions to attempt to suicide so you can lodge the police complaint in the nearest police station where you were residing, and in compliant you explain how much dowry you had given .

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
282 votes

The simplest way of get rid of harassment from your husband is a mutual settlement in the presence of elders/middlemen. After getting your money then you can demand for alimony as one time settlement. Then both can apply for mutual divorce after one year of marriage date. If it is not happening then you can give police complaint in present residing area narrating all these facts. Police will do preliminary investigate the matter and make charges of 498A and will be taken into custody. Take appropriate decision according to your situation.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles