What is the procedure for ending marriage

Me and my wife live separately from the last 1 year and not have a child. What will be the best option to go legally thru simple legal notice or divorce petition.

Answers (5)

305 votes

Both of you can go for divorce my mutual consent if both of you are hindu.If only one of you is keen for divorce other is not then you have to prove you divorce on the basis of ground available under Hindu Marrige act.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

323 votes

As you and your wife are living separately and that too since 1 year I would recommend there is a good possibility of a mutual divorce and we can file a divorce petition.
For further information/ clarification feel free to have a word with me.
All the best

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
104 votes

File divorce petition through mutual consent , the court will grant divorce in two motions. The time difference between these two motions is six months minimum. It's the best way if you have decided to resolve your disputes amicably.

193 votes

Dear client provide the full disclosure of facts, so that prpper and appropriate guidence will b provide to you. .......................................................................................

179 votes

If both parties of the dispute are ready to dissolve marriage without making allegations mutual is best option because less painful and less time consuming. If other is not ready then contested only...

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles