Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Wants to file a petition for divorce within 3 months of marriage

need help in getting divorce within 3 months of marriage, completely opposite what i thought

Answers (5)

Hello, hope you're doing well!
Coming to your question of filing for divorce after a period of 3 months

It depends on the the grounds for divorce first, such as adultery, cruelty, unsound mind, etc etc. However as per the Indian law your petition for divorce may not be entertained unless there are special circumstances.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

as per the law you can not file the divorce petition before the completetion of one year of your marriage. however you can invoke relief from other provisions given under Hindu marriage act and Indian Penal Code.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience

You can take divorce if you want . You can take it within months. There is no fix rule in law that within 3 months you cannot take divorce. You can file a divorce Petition as soon you you can and dont make your life hell anymore.

You need to file a divorce petition within three months of marriage. I believe that you must be going through a lot of hardship. We can file a divorce petition within one year of marriage only under exceptional circumstances. Would need to understand the cruelty you have been flfoing through. Accordingly we can file divorce, police complaint , maintenance etc. let me know if you need further assistance

On what basis?
there will be sufficient ground for divorce such as adultery, cruelty, conversion, mental disorder etc.

your reason is not clear ' opposite what u thought' . U can only be get divorce on a valid reason in the eyes of law.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 19999
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2499
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 999
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 25000
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 9999
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

It's been 4 years of my marriage, I have a 1.5 year old kid. since the day of my marriage my husband was not interested in having a physical relat…

Read More

How to calculation or count desertion period. In mean time RCR filed and decreed. these time will be count for desertion period or not .... please say…

Read More

Aftet one time settlement It is possible to file petition against ex partee divorce degree.…

Read More

My younger brother was married to a girl in our caste …before 2.5 years Once we get a call from a police station that the father in law of my y…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue