Want to take divorce from my husband as he is not supporting me

Can I get a divorce because my husband is not willing to support me but his sister who has left her husband n come?

Answers (3)

79 votes

Yes. The divorce can be filed under relevant provisions of law. The divorce proceedings is tried before the family court. The Curel ground is major for Divorce. DV act case is also possible. The person has to mention his religion.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

195 votes

More details required. like your personal law ,financial status. Is it just losse of temperament or is there any physical and mental harassment. What about your matrimonial properties? Is there any child born in the wedlock

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
307 votes

You can file a case for divorce on the ground of desertion and the cruelty and for not providing proper care and maintenance. Have you got children born out of your wedding. Not supporting with money is the only reason, then proper counseling will help you and you can avoid divorce petition. proper advice can be given only after personal consultation according to the situation after knowing the facts in full. In matrimonial matters hasty decisions should not be taken.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles