×

Want to get divorced as wife suffered from a mental bipolar disorder

Hi, I married last year on Jan 19th.We never have consummated and even she didn't allow me to have it on first night.After that she behaved not in a normal way and tried to commit suicide once.She threw all the items in the room,locked me,ran on the road,abused me and slapped me.She got admitted in hospital and came to know she suffered from mental bipolar disorder.Have her discharge document from the hospital.It's been completed one year,we are being separated from each other and i don't want to continue the relationship.Please let me know how to proceed on this and how much the alimony will be granted.My salary is around 60K per month.

Pls inform whether her parents informed u abt the same or this problem occurred after the marriage , u better give me the details due to what reason she is doing like that , before giving the suggestion we have to the facts of the case, so its better meet directly and discuss on that.

If it is not curable then you can file divorce case on medical ground as well as nullity of marriage. Alimony will be dicided on your financial capacity or if she is given up alimony then you don't pay

Advocate Preeti Joshi