Want to get divorced as wife suffered from a mental bipolar disorder

Hi, I married last year on Jan 19th.We never have consummated and even she didn't allow me to have it on first night.After that she behaved not in a normal way and tried to commit suicide once.She threw all the items in the room,locked me,ran on the road,abused me and slapped me.She got admitted in hospital and came to know she suffered from mental bipolar disorder.Have her discharge document from the hospital.It's been completed one year,we are being separated from each other and i don't want to continue the relationship.Please let me know how to proceed on this and how much the alimony will be granted.My salary is around 60K per month.

Answers (2)

79 votes

Pls inform whether her parents informed u abt the same or this problem occurred after the marriage , u better give me the details due to what reason she is doing like that , before giving the suggestion we have to the facts of the case, so its better meet directly and discuss on that.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

96 votes

If it is not curable then you can file divorce case on medical ground as well as nullity of marriage. Alimony will be dicided on your financial capacity or if she is given up alimony then you don't pay

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles