want to file for maintenance on the ground of desertion by husband

I want to file for maintenance on the ground of desertion by husband. Is there any provision in law to know about husband salary details through his office? He is in pvt co., Can I write to his Director to know abt his salary details? Whether law permitts for that or is it against law?

Answers (3)

173 votes

You can file for maintenance either under section 125 CrPC or as per the provisions of the protection of women from domestic violence act. Desertion of husband is a good ground. You can summon the salary details from the court by filing an application and the court itself will pass an order to the company where your husband is working to produce the details.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

58 votes

Madam you can file a case for maintenance against your husband and if you write to his company they will not provide you with salary details, hence it is better to file a maintenance petition and in that petition file an application to issue notice to his company and income tax department to produce his salay details and income tax returns filed and they have to obey the court order. For any further consultation you can contact me.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
260 votes

even If you write to the director of the Company where your husband works, he is not bound to provide it. So, you should make a moderate estimate of your requirement for maintenance and claim it, and if your husband objects to it on the ground of insufficient income , you can ask the Court to direct your husband to provide salary details from his employer.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles