want to file for maintenance on the ground of desertion by husband

I want to file for maintenance on the ground of desertion by husband. Is there any provision in law to know about husband salary details through his office? He is in pvt co., Can I write to his Director to know abt his salary details? Whether law permitts for that or is it against law?

You can file for maintenance either under section 125 CrPC or as per the provisions of the protection of women from domestic violence act. Desertion of husband is a good ground. You can summon the salary details from the court by filing an application and the court itself will pass an order to the company where your husband is working to produce the details.

Madam you can file a case for maintenance against your husband and if you write to his company they will not provide you with salary details, hence it is better to file a maintenance petition and in that petition file an application to issue notice to his company and income tax department to produce his salay details and income tax returns filed and they have to obey the court order. For any further consultation you can contact me.

even If you write to the director of the Company where your husband works, he is not bound to provide it. So, you should make a moderate estimate of your requirement for maintenance and claim it, and if your husband objects to it on the ground of insufficient income , you can ask the Court to direct your husband to provide salary details from his employer.