One of the best Advocates & Lawyers in Mangalore - Advocate Praveen Pinto

Advocate Praveen Pinto

LawRato Verified
LawRatoLawRatoLawRatoLawRatoLawRato 4.8 | 25+ user ratings
LawRatoBunts Hostel, Mangalore
LawRato19 years Experience
Practice Areas
Anticipatory Bail, Arbitration, Armed Forces Tribunal, Banking / Finance, Bankruptcy / Insolvency, Breach of Contract, Cheque Bounce, Child Custody, Civil, Consumer Court, Corporate, Court Marriage, Criminal, Customs & Central Excise, Cyber Crime, Divorce, Documentation, Domestic Violence, Family, GST, High Court, Immigration, Insurance, International Law, Labour & Service, Landlord/Tenant, Media and Entertainment, Medical Negligence, Motor Accident, Muslim Law, NCLT, Patent, Property, R.T.I, Recovery, RERA, Startup, Succession Certificate, Supreme Court, Tax, Trademark & Copyright, Wills / Trusts
Language(s) Spoken: English, Hindi, Kannada, Konkani
Advocate Praveen Pinto has been practicing and handling cases independently with a result oriented approach, both professionally and ethically and has now acquired excellent professional experience in providing legal consultancy and advisory services.

Advocate Praveen provides services in various fields of family matters, civil matters, criminal related matters, documentation matters, property matters and drafting and vetting of various agreements and documents.

Advocat Praveen enrolled with the Bar Council of Karnataka in 2005. He is the member of the Mangalore Bar Association.

Enrollment Number : KAR/1610/2005
  • District Court, Mangalore
  • District Court, Udupi
  • Karnataka High Court

Recently Contacted Lawyers in Mangalore

Popular Reviews

Shrikant - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
This is pretty early, just had one discussion of 5-10 minutes, i will be meeting him soon to talk about my issue in detail.
Over 3 months ago
Prabhakar - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
Over 3 months ago
Dolphi Saldanha - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
It was most needed guidance. Like the way they help
Over 3 months ago
Ishwar Kiran - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
Immensely dedicated and motivated who leans himself completely into the issue and comes out with the best possible resolution
Over 3 months ago
Archana Ganiga - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
I can fix one more meeting with him and then judge him. Generally the meeting was ok.
Over 3 months ago
Jacqueline - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
He is very courteous and attentive. The solution suggested was constructive and custom suited to us.
Over 3 months ago
Blenita Pinto - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
He is a very dedicated nd experienced lawyer. The team responds quickly. Overall nice experience, got my issue resolved from this wise man.
Over 3 months ago
Smitha - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
He has given me right direction for the divorce case where my previous lawyer didn't work out well .. he is not money minded lawyer he will think of the party's situation and guide accordingly .. I had come to know he is loyal to his work even when opposite party try to convince in any form he is true to his clients. . It's hard to see loyal trustworthy
Over 3 months ago
Roysten Dsouza - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
He has been exemplary in approaching the issue and dealing it taking all the concerned pain points into consideration
Over 3 months ago
D. Hamza - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
He explained every details of legal matters to us in layman’s language. We highly recommend
Over 3 months ago

Questions Answered by Advocate Praveen Pinto

Q: Is there special provisions to get back my Original Markscards

I have recently resigned from post of lecturer, there was no agreement while joining. But during my resignation, Principal asked me to return 6months salary. My original SSLC, and MSc markscards are with college itself. He warned that he won't give it back untill I pay months salary.1. Is there any special provisions under law to immediately take back my markscards as it is very much important for higher studies.2. Can I apply for duplicate by giving this reason? (Since I can't lie that I lost original marks card)

Advocate Praveen Pinto answered
No person can hold any other persons personal document with himself. Its a crime to withhold others document. Mortgage is possible because law provides for it. No law states that another's personal document can be retained by another person. A police complaint can be filed or a writ can be filed before the high court to get back the original certificate. There is no buyer seller relationship between you and the management and hence consumer complaint cannot be filed. Retaining others personal documents is a crime punishable under the Indian Penal Code. Criminal prosecution is the cheapest and easier remedy if choose.

Q: Can maintenance be increased if husband is no more

I got divorces from my HIV husband after 12 years of he getting infected with HIV and later 20000 monthly maintains order to my divorce and his property was attached. now he is no more and his mother is giving me maintenance..can i ask for more maintenance from his mother because she is taken over his property rentals.

Advocate Praveen Pinto answered
If there are children better to file a suit for partition and ask for a share in the husband's property instead for just asking for maintenance. As per Hindu adoptions and maintenance act a Father in law is bound to maintain a daughter in law and his children. A suit is required to be filed to make a claim.

Q: Can a given GPA be revoked later

Hi, I am a NRI who bought a house in Bangalore 2 years back through LICHFL loan with my father as GPA holder. Now I afraid he is thinking to have my house divided between me and my brother. Can I revoke the GPA I gave? I am not sure if I have revocable GPA or irrevocable GPA. My father hasn't shared any POA or GPA copies with me. Can you please suggest what I can do to stop misuse of GPA? Thanks

Advocate Praveen Pinto answered
A GPA if signed before a notary public is a revocable GPA but if it's registered then it could be irrevocable based on the averments made therein. By sending a registered letter acknowledgement due or by RPAD GPA can be terminated. The termination can also be published in newspaper so that even the general public are informed about the cancellation of GPA.

Q: Divorce on grounds of adultery can I reopen the case

I had initiated a case of divorce after sufficient proof. However to severe family pressure withdrew on the first day of hearing (Feb 2012). We are both brahmins (aged 55 & 47 yrs) married under HMA. Now I find it a big mistake. Can I reopen the case OR file a fresh case on the same grounds?

Advocate Praveen Pinto answered
A fresh petition has to be filed and old case cannot be reopened. It I can be filed on the same grounds as urged in the earlier petition and also new grounds which have arisen subsequently. Adultery is difficult to prove but desertion ground if available will be easier to prove.

Q: want to file for maintenance on the ground of desertion by husband

I want to file for maintenance on the ground of desertion by husband. Is there any provision in law to know about husband salary details through his office? He is in pvt co., Can I write to his Director to know abt his salary details? Whether law permitts for that or is it against law?

Advocate Praveen Pinto answered
You can file for maintenance either under section 125 CrPC or as per the provisions of the protection of women from domestic violence act. Desertion of husband is a good ground. You can summon the salary details from the court by filing an application and the court itself will pass an order to the company where your husband is working to produce the details.

Frequently Asked Questions about Advocate Praveen Pinto

Can Advocate Praveen Pinto represent me in court?

Yes, Advocate Praveen Pinto can represent you in court. The lawyer is trained to present your case in the most effective way possible.

What should I bring to my initial consultation with Advocate Praveen Pinto?

When you meet with Advocate Praveen Pinto for an initial consultation, it is important to bring any relevant documents or information with you. This may include documents related to your legal issue, such as contracts or court orders, as well as any other relevant information, such as a list of questions or concerns you have about your case.

How do I prepare for my initial consultation with Advocate Praveen Pinto?

Before your initial consultation with Advocate Praveen Pinto, it can be helpful to think about the specific legal issue you are facing and any questions or concerns you have about your case. You should also gather any relevant documents or information that you think may be helpful in understanding your situation.

What should I expect during my initial consultation with Advocate Praveen Pinto?

During your initial consultation with Advocate Praveen Pinto, you can expect to discuss the specific legal issue you are facing and the details of your situation. Lawyer will ask you questions to get a better understanding of your case and will provide you with information about your legal options and any potential outcomes.

How do I communicate with Advocate Praveen Pinto?

It is important to communicate with Advocate Praveen Pinto regularly to stay updated on the progress of your case and to discuss any new developments or concerns you may have. You can communicate with the lawyer through phone calls, emails, or in-person meetings.

How much does it cost to hire Advocate Praveen Pinto?

The cost of hiring Advocate Praveen Pinto can vary widely. Some lawyers charge hourly rates, while others charge a flat fee for their services. Some also offer free initial consultations to discuss your case. Kindly contact the lawyer directly to enquire about the fee.