Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Want my husband to pay EMI of co owned flat after divorce

I have two minor children and I and my husband has a co owned flat. I am working and can take care of my kid. But I want that my husband pays the house EMI and vacate the flat after divorce. Please advice how to go about it. Thanks

Answers (3)

A company owned flat cannot be transferred on a spouse specially a spouse who is seeking divorce.
But the EMI of an independently purchased flat either in joint or single name of the husband can be given by him to his spouse instead of any permanent alimony and maintenance of the children, in the form of EMI payments.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

As for as this issue, you & your husband with help of some mediator/s have to discuss and propose this issue to your husband. The court/ or others cannot direct. Alternative, u can demand alimony, maintenance etc. To your husband. Or you both can sell the flat, settle the housing, with remaining amount ,& new loan you can by new.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience

Mam, you can initially proceed with divorce under mutual consent. Once the case is filed, court refers the matter to mediation. During the course of mediation the terms and conditions of property and finances can be sorted out

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2499
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 999
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 19999
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 25000
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 9999
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

i hired a case of divorce with husband.i want to know that after divorce i and my daughter can use my husband sirname otherwise it will change with my…

Read More

My wife wants a divorce and I'm not at all in favour of it. I want to make our marriage work. My wife is suffering from depression and other menta…

Read More

Dear sir Recently we did our sister second marriage because of her husband got died so that we did second marriage but the person (groom )did not get …

Read More

I am a Hindu. Currently I have a case in court with my wife due to dispute In our marriage and between families. But things are getting worse day by d…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue