Want my husband to pay EMI of co owned flat after divorce

I have two minor children and I and my husband has a co owned flat. I am working and can take care of my kid. But I want that my husband pays the house EMI and vacate the flat after divorce. Please advice how to go about it. Thanks

A company owned flat cannot be transferred on a spouse specially a spouse who is seeking divorce.
But the EMI of an independently purchased flat either in joint or single name of the husband can be given by him to his spouse instead of any permanent alimony and maintenance of the children, in the form of EMI payments.

As for as this issue, you & your husband with help of some mediator/s have to discuss and propose this issue to your husband. The court/ or others cannot direct. Alternative, u can demand alimony, maintenance etc. To your husband. Or you both can sell the flat, settle the housing, with remaining amount ,& new loan you can by new.

Advocate Preeti Joshi

Mam, you can initially proceed with divorce under mutual consent. Once the case is filed, court refers the matter to mediation. During the course of mediation the terms and conditions of property and finances can be sorted out