Want divorce on ground of physical and mental assault by wife

Sir, m Hindu by religion and m married in Feb 2017, my wife has huge expectations from me whether it's physical or financially satisfaction, I try at my Best to satisfy her but it goes in vain, she even physically assault me at night and torchure me. She tell each and everything in her family and her family members threaten me to satisfy her and give her luxurious life, and they threaten me Lodge dowry complaint against me if I don't follow there any word, m living under pressure and grief as m compromising my self respect which I don't want to do at any cost, sometime I even think of committing suicide to give them lesson that I'll not follow them at every step. I want to divorce my wife at any cost .please suggest me how can I relieve from this agony.i have less time as they threaten me to file fake dowry Case against me,n I'll lose my job , and get finished in court proceedings. please help me to divorce her.

Answers (3)

148 votes

You can approach the family court by filing divorce petition on the ground of cruelty. If you are able to prove the allegations court will allow your petition. Keep record of medical treatment if taken by you for physical assaults

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

76 votes


You can file the petition for Divorce on the basis of Cruelty.
You will not loose your job, need not worry.
You need to consult the lawyer and file the Petition for divorce in the concerned family court.


Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
112 votes

Yes dear u will succeed.this is a stronger groud for divorce but for that u have to collect some evidence as per your story and also file one application to concern Police Station regarding harrashment from ur wife.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles