Unnatural acts of sex by husband

I am a hindu girl. I wish to know if the husband perpetrates un-natural acts of sex on his wife ,then does this attract section 377 or is it covered under 498A ?

Answers (5)

Dear madam, such conduct on the part of your husband is an offence under Sec 377 IPC which attracts a punishment of a maximum of 10 years. Further the same can also be a ground for divorce as the same constitutes cruelty

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Yes unnatural sex is covered under section 377 of IPC even by husband and section 498a is also attracts for some other reason of cruelty and illegal behaviour and u can lodged an complaint before CAW CELL as well as lodged a criminal complaint and dv act case against your husband for this act and other maintainance also. Unnatural sex is a very serious crime as per law and punishment is also there for the same.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

If the husband commits any acts of sexual abuse as described by you, he can be tried under section 377 (Unnatural sex). As per the guidelines of hon'ble Supreme Court a husband shall be punishable for unnatural Act of Sex. So an aggrieved can move an application with the nearest Police Station.

This can be cruelty but it van bot be attracted section 377 now as the IPC has been amended after Nirbhaya case and an act of un natural sex has been added in section 376 which is not applicable kn husbands,

its covered under 377 and also you can covered under cruelty. and on this ground you may seek divorce to him. this will apply irrespective of the religion.

I am a hindu girl. I wish to know if the husband perpetrates un-natural acts of sex on his wife ,then does this attract section 377 or is it covered under 498A ?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

what if wife's family call's husband alone and issues threats of false DV, 498a cases and demands huge money to avoid nuisance? They have alre…

Read More

My husband tricked me into marrying him by concealing fact of his being impotent. My several tries to get him to a doctor failed. Then he started tort…

Read More

muze wife se divorce lena he..meri shadi 2014 me hui...wife 7 mahino se mayke me rah rahi he...hamne usse vapis aane ke liye kaha bt vo muzper n mere …

Read More

sir meri wife ne 498a file kiya tha. Cross me usne kaha ki usne DED regular ki hai madhya pradesh se but usne classes attend nahin ki, sirf exam dene …

Read More