Threating to Invole in Divorce case if you do not obey my rules .

dear Sir, I am 43 year old, my marriage period around 12 years. I have no sexual relationships my wife since last eight year. She and her family gives threat to involve in case of dowry They rise wrong allegation me that i am addiction of smoking and drinking, I earned only Rs15000 in a month and have no financial records. I have a son studding in class VI th they facing torture my wife also. Her family background in Delhi police. Somebody told me her relation with her uncle.Please advise what i can do.

Answers (3)

194 votes

if your wife is not living with you then you can file a petition under section 9 of Hindu Marriage Act to bring her back home and if still relation between both of you do not improve what you can do is to file a petition for seeking divorce on the ground of cruelty

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

161 votes


Though there no limitation period mentioned in the Dowry Prevention Act, 1961 but generally if no complaint is filed within 7 years from the date of the marriage, the chances of the complainant (in your case your wife’s side) getting a favourable judgement is very low.

Regarding the threats from your wife’s side including torture on your child, that can be handled based on evidence and witness.

Do consult me for a permanent resolution to the challenge you are facing.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
288 votes

Hello sir. I have perused your query. You can always file a petition for restitition of conjugal rights. As far as the false allegations are concerned you can file a complaint for criminal intimidation. Please feel free to contact me in case you wish to discuss the matter in more detail.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles