Staying separate from 1 yr. and want to get maintenance for my child

I'm not living with my husband from last one year. I don't want to divorce my husband but need compensation for my three years old daughter. Iam working n my husband is working too. But he doesn't bear her expenses. Can I get maintenance without divorce

Answers (4)

292 votes

File dv against your husband and then seek maintenance under the PWDV Act for yourself as well as your minor child. Though considering both sides income affidavit the claim will be adjudicated, though maintenance will be awarded by the court for the minor, if wife claim for maintenance is denied.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

79 votes

You may file a case for maintenance against your husband in the court of law. The court may order him for paying the maintenance. At the same time, it is also suggested to sort out differences amicably and lead a happy life.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
136 votes

Hello Mam, I see that you are living in separation from your husband, you can anytime avail the maintenance for you as well as your baby. Law is for saving the family and future of children, so under family law you have due rights to avail and flourish your and your daughter's life.
Thank you for the query.

60 votes

Yes, you and your daughter both are entitled to get monthly maintenance from your husband. You may apply for maintenance either under the Hindu Marriage Act or under Section 125 of the Criminal Procedure Code.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles