×

Staying separate from 1 yr. and want to get maintenance for my child

I'm not living with my husband from last one year. I don't want to divorce my husband but need compensation for my three years old daughter. Iam working n my husband is working too. But he doesn't bear her expenses. Can I get maintenance without divorce

Yes, you and your daughter both are entitled to get monthly maintenance from your husband. You may apply for maintenance either under the Hindu Marriage Act or under Section 125 of the Criminal Procedure Code.

Hello Mam, I see that you are living in separation from your husband, you can anytime avail the maintenance for you as well as your baby. Law is for saving the family and future of children, so under family law you have due rights to avail and flourish your and your daughter's life.
Thank you for the query.

Advocate Preeti Joshi

You may file a case for maintenance against your husband in the court of law. The court may order him for paying the maintenance. At the same time, it is also suggested to sort out differences amicably and lead a happy life.

File dv against your husband and then seek maintenance under the PWDV Act for yourself as well as your minor child. Though considering both sides income affidavit the claim will be adjudicated, though maintenance will be awarded by the court for the minor, if wife claim for maintenance is denied.