Sister in law asking for divorce on grounds of adultery

This is regarding my sister's marriage. We belong to a Hindu Middle Class Family and live in Moradabad (UP). My sister got married last year Dec-2016. His husband used to work in Delhi-NCR. But suddenly in the month of Nov-2016, he got transferred to Mumbai. Since then, my sister is living in her Mayka (Not with in-laws). One day, her husband called up my father and started saying bullshit about my sister that she is having an affair even after marriage. He did not took my sister along with him to Mumbai and every time made an excuse. He claimed that he had pictures that shows that my sister has an affair. As per my sister, she does not have any affair with anybody neither had any in past. In April 2nd, her husband came to our home tried showing pics to my parents. Yesterday only, my parents visited my sister's in-laws house.

Answers (5)

87 votes

Your query seems incomplete. Kindly get in touch with the complete details and details of the remedy/solution you are looking at. Legal advice can be sought on the basis of complete details and reliefs sought.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

255 votes

Your sister should file RCR restitution of conjugal rights in the family court where he will appear and may either agree to take her along with him or her he may prove his decision of desertion of your sister.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
314 votes

If your parents visited your sister in laws house and nothing concrete has come out and your brother in law is just making bleak excuses then you can go ahead and serve a immediate legal notice to him besides that you can also file and seek different remedies against him that is filing of divorce proceedings/domestic violence and raising a complaint with local CAW cell please contact for further details thanks.

247 votes

she can lodge fir against him u/s 498a ipc and a case for restitution of conjugal rihts if she willing to live with him .but didn't clear situation she wants divorce .if she wants divorce ,can file after one year from the date of marriage .

170 votes

1sr you have to to prove before the court that he's having affairs with someone then only u can seek divorce from her husband otherwise there are other grounds under HMA act, u can file accordingly..nhh

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles