Second marriage while divorce case is pending in the court

Hello Experts, I get intercaste marriage in the year of Jan’2016 against her family permission and with my family support. Once i get married then only i cane to she cheeted me. She is 1 yr elder then me and she is very crucial peraon in castism. She is treated our family members very badly bcoz we are scheduled caste. I informed everything to her before get marry. But she blame me for everything and use abuse words among the family. I have faced lot of problems and my family aslo. She not allowed me to talk wit my family members and forced me to relocte ti her mother home in chennai. I said no and finally i decided to divorce her. I applied divorce in April’2017. She is not agreed to give divorce. Since the case was running but now she agreed to give with out of court settlement. Now what is the next process and how long it will take to close the case...??? Is ther any possible to get marry now without get the copy of settlement....???? Pls advice....

Answers (3)

160 votes

If she accepted for divorce, then you and your wife can file divorce by mutual consent and get order in 15 days.afrer getting divorce only you can remarry someone else. So immediate apply for mutual divorce.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

257 votes

Hi sir/madam. Without divorce you didn't marriage second marriage. Suppose they agreed out of court mean you don't agreed

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
236 votes

During the Divorce process the second marriage is not possible. The case of divorce has to be completed. It was not able to define the best possible method to make sure. The person has to wait for the process

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles