Rights available in case husband is having extra marital affair

i was married in india and then immigrated to usa along with husband. He lived there prior on h1b. Upon arrival in usa, found out he had extra marrital affairs, situation hasnt approved in 2 years. What are my choices and rights?

Answers (2)

Hi according to your question you can file maintenance petition, as well as you can take divorce, and you can file adultery case on him and can take necessary action against him so for further clarification you can call us on any time.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

You can choose to file the cases pertaining to cruelty ( extra marital affair is also cruelty) in USA OR in India. In USA courts generally grant no fault divorce which means you get your divorce and compensation, but your husband will go scot free after granting divorce and paying you money.
Filing the domestic violence case (cruelty is domestic violence in india) in india is advantageous given that your marriage was solemnized here in india and that indian laws (though time consuming) are women friendly in terms of punishment and compensation.
Indian laws provide for both punishment and compensation in matrimonial cases
You can file multiple cases in matrimonial matters ( filing of multiple cases will help as your husband and in laws will need to defend multiple cases and run from pillar to post for about 2 to 3 years)
a) Maintenance u/s 125 Cr.P.C
b) Domestic Violence (Punishment with compensation)
c) Divorce with alimony
d) Reclaim marriage expenses, dowry , jewellery etc.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

Hi im from tamilnadu.. I'm fell in love with one guy for 4 years.. But due to different caste my parents not accepted to marry.. Afterwards I got …

Read More

I am a post graduate lady and with 3 years of marriage and I don't have baby also my husband leave me before 10 month and I am living alone from 1…

Read More

Hindu family. Husband is a gazetted officer and also has some property in form of plots, flat and agricultural land. Wife is 12th pass and does not wo…

Read More

He got married because of his parent's force.He is engage with lady who is married & having 6 years of relationship.He told me everything but …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue