Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Remedy as wife wants to file for divorce & husband deny for the same

My husband and I have been married for 20years now. Things were not pretty from the start but I had to adjust because we had a child very soon and another later. I stayed with this man just for the sake of my kids and as he was the only bread earner of the family. Now one of my kids has gone out for studying but one is still in school. My husbans problem of domestic voilence had increase a lot in these years. These days it has increased to the point that I am scared he might even kill me. Please suggest something. I want a solution to this problem plus he is not a good person and I can definitely prove it to you. I don't want to tolerate this from him anymore I have a daughter myself and I don't want all these fights to have a bad affect on her. Plus he is the type of man who will not agree to divorce. But we have to because this is getting worse day by day. Please suggest what to do.

Answers (3)

Dear, Twenty years are not here .Why didn't you file it at an earlier stage ? Explain the type of violence . Do you have any medical evidence. ..... that he casued injuries etc. Prove it with evidence .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

When your husband or any other person who belong your family. being any type of curety you and your child. in this situation at first you make a f.i.r againsed him,or you also give the written complant in domestic violence.and in this ground you mai file divorce petition

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience

You may first choose to file a petition under Domestic Violence Act and seek protection and financial support.

This will increase the likelihood that custody of children remains with you.

Thereafter you may decide to file for divorce if you have evidence to substantiate.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

Meri wife muje bahut presan karti he WO meri koi bat nhi manti meri family we bhi badtamiji we pace aati he Mere 1 bachha he Me ek govt.Jobb karta hu …

Read More

I want to know about my share in husband's salary. How much am I entitled to? Will I also get a share in the property?…

Read More

My friend is a Hindu by religion. He had to get married under immense family pressure, and he has been staying with his wife now for 7-8 months (witho…

Read More

I have applied divorce petition in Hyderabad family court. Now i want to change this to my home town(Khamma dist). Please let me know how can i do tha…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue