Remedy as wife wants to file for divorce & husband deny for the same

My husband and I have been married for 20years now. Things were not pretty from the start but I had to adjust because we had a child very soon and another later. I stayed with this man just for the sake of my kids and as he was the only bread earner of the family. Now one of my kids has gone out for studying but one is still in school. My husbans problem of domestic voilence had increase a lot in these years. These days it has increased to the point that I am scared he might even kill me. Please suggest something. I want a solution to this problem plus he is not a good person and I can definitely prove it to you. I don't want to tolerate this from him anymore I have a daughter myself and I don't want all these fights to have a bad affect on her. Plus he is the type of man who will not agree to divorce. But we have to because this is getting worse day by day. Please suggest what to do.

Dear, Twenty years are not here .Why didn't you file it at an earlier stage ? Explain the type of violence . Do you have any medical evidence. ..... that he casued injuries etc. Prove it with evidence .

When your husband or any other person who belong your family. being any type of curety you and your child. in this situation at first you make a f.i.r againsed him,or you also give the written complant in domestic violence.and in this ground you mai file divorce petition

Advocate Preeti Joshi

You may first choose to file a petition under Domestic Violence Act and seek protection and financial support.

This will increase the likelihood that custody of children remains with you.

Thereafter you may decide to file for divorce if you have evidence to substantiate.