Regarding transfer divorce case to different city in same state.

How much do I need to pay to transfer my case to my hometown. My husband filed a case against me in different city in same state

Answers (2)

129 votes

You can file a application for transfer of case in your city by giving a valid reason and get order from the court regarding the transfer. It differ from State to state and it's juridiction of ur state.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

123 votes

You can file a transfer petition in High Court of your State to get it transferred in your city. Lawyers may charge you a minimum of rupees 10 thousand for the same. However fees differs from counsel to counsel.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles