Re marriage without divorce from 1st marriage under muslim law

Dear , Sir / Madam I have married on 24/01/2016 , but still i am not happy with her , she will not have mutual understanding with us , so as per muslim law without divorce my first wife , can i do second marriage

Answers (3)

Dear , Sir / Madam I have married on 24/01/2016 , but still i am not happy with her , she will not have mutual understanding with us , so as per Muslim law without divorce my first wife , can i do second marriage

You cant do. Please go by divorce legally under Muslim law and Indian divorce law. Even in Muslim law is also there is a certain condition to marry other women during the living of first wife. The personal law permit the person to marry 4 women but there is also direction to proceed legally. Please contact any advocate

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Dear Sir,
As per our current law of the land, you cannot marry for the second time having a living wife/ spouse.
You should first obtain a valid divorce either in the form of Talak or Khulla from your first wife. However, the Mohammedan law provides for second marriage without divorce from the first wife, but there are various conditions which you should first satisfy before doing so.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Yes you can marry with another without giving divorce under Muslim law, but if any government employee to whom service rules are applied that person cannot marry during subsistence of earlier marriage.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

Dear Sir/Mam, Myself from Erode, Tamilnadu. Mine is intercaste love marriage happened on 1st of december 2016. Its been registered also. My wifes pare…

Read More

I got married a girl 15/5/2015 and same girl married to different person on 29/12/2017 now she field mutual consent divorce so that she can divorced m…

Read More

I m 38 yr old and 10 yr married Hindu punjabi guy having no child from this marriage. Hv tried utmost to continue but fed up with regular quarrel and …

Read More

I want to know the procedure for divorce both mutually and individually. We got married when i was 17 and my husband was 26 years. We had a baby withi…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue