Query about divorce filing ..asking for a friend

If a husband stay away from his wife at his parents home for a period of 6 months. Can he file for divorce after 6 months ?? Will it be a valid ground for divorce.

Answers (3)

204 votes

Though desertion for 2 year requires in case of filing divorce. However it can be a ground for mental cruelty in addition to other facts.
The main thing here is that what you want ?
First you have to ascertain about it and only then course of action can be decided in this regards.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

223 votes

hello client as i can see ur friends issue is seems to be a issue of seperation as your friends wife staying at her parents home from last 6 months countinously . yes it can be a a ground for divorce but on the conditions as per hindu marriage act is concern. i need to go through ur friends full issue in detail then i am able to your friend. as knowing full details of his case.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
75 votes

The fact that he has stayed away for 6 months has to be combined with other factors like grave differences between the parties, cruelty (physical or mental) etc and that can be made valid grounds for divorce. Proper advice can only be provided once all facts are discuss so please contact if required.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles