Protecting myself from false cruelty case and maintenance

Hi I and my wife have been married for 7 years, we have no children. I have been very patient and never had any incidence of violence against her. However there have been a lot of friction all thru the years due to lack of understanding and her being immature in behavior. Also she is very short tempered. I have not been working for long now. I would like to get divorced now, but i fear she could make things difficult for me by filing a false case of cruelty on me or my parents. Also i don't want to pay maintenance or share my property. How can i therefore protect myself from a false case against me or my family by my wife and how can i save myself from paying maintenance since i am not working for long now and also due to the fact that she is quite well educated herself and is quite capable of finding a job.

Answers (2)

347 votes

Hi first of all u can file a divorce petition in the court and file a complain about her file a case in the court and where u can tell that’ the income is s very less and all first u can give the details and all about the income of ur and her too where it will be proof and all

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

334 votes

Dear client, there may be possibility that after filing for divorce , your wife may go against you and involve in 498A case, D.V case. only in mutual divorce you will have no other problem , but even if she would need maintenance ,can claim until get married again.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles