Property dispute in case of divorce

I want divorce from my husband.We are seperate from 3 years.We have one daughter. I am taking care of her.We purchased joint property in pune.Now i have questions on property dispute.

Answers (3)

105 votes

You can move with criminal application under the provisions of domestic violence Act and can claim your share and accomodation in joint property Also if you both are moving for divorce by mutual consent then you can claim dear your equalshare in property.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

301 votes

u can claim your part of the share in the said property and and you can also claim maintenance from your husband on motnhly basis for yourself and your daughter and if u r taking divorce by mutual consent you can ask for permanent alimony but if your husband refuse to give you the said flar you have file a civil suit to claim the part of the flat

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
74 votes

If your husband also wants divorce then you can file for mutual consent divorce and the joint property can be transfer by gift on either of your name depending on who is paying the EMI to bank if loan is taken. Or there could be other solutions to it. But if he is not ready to give divorce then you have to file for contested divorce and in the same petition you may ask for the relief pertaining to property from court.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles