Procedure to take divorce from husband and marry somebody else

I want to divorce my husband. But they do not want to divorce me.I want divorce because I love someone else And I want to marry him. Please tell any such solution so that I may be separated from my husband without any tension

Answers (3)

260 votes

Sorry, this is no ground to get a divorce from husband. If you love someone why you got married to this person who is your husband ? In law , this is no ground to get divorce. On the contrary , your husband , if he wishes, can get divorce on the ground of adultery , if it is proved.
If you have some solid grounds ( such as cruelty etc.) to get divorce, than only you can take divorce not otherwise.
However, if your husband and you both are willing to get divorce by mutual consent, then you can take divorce by mutual consent. If only one spouse is willing to get divorce , it is not possible to have divorce by mutual consent.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

254 votes

Hi, Yes you can file a petition for divorce from your husband. But since its not a mutual consent divorce you will have to contest it. You can contest it on various grounds like Cruelty, Desertion, etc. under Section 13(1) (b) of Hindu Marriage Act.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
210 votes

hi good.morning.u.can.file for.judicial.seperation.or u.can.give him.divorce.after completeing.of.your year. u can file.for.divorce under hindu marraige.act and serve him the copy and ask him or talk to him

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles