Procedure to take action if wife had filed domestic violence case

My wife has filed a domestic violance case with interim maintenance request against me at her both place. I want to get this case transferred to Pune as her last residence is Pune and we got married in Pune jurisdiction. My father's age is 80 years and my mother is 75. Both are I'll and need attention. I am working in Pune and it's not possible for me to travel to another city for hearing. Also I don't want to give maintenance to my wife as I am ready to stay with her for our sons better future. He is 4years old. Kindly advise. Thanks.

Answers (3)

You can file petition for restitution of conjugal rights under s 9 of Hindu marriage act 1955, if you wants to continue your marriage with your wife and if you wants to separate from your wife you can file petition for divorce.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Dear Querist, In which court your wife has filed DV case and its how far from your place. Firstly, you will have to appear oppose the DV case and cite your personal difficulties. If your wifes' place is in Maharashtra then you can file a transfer application in Hon'ble Bombay High Court, if she stays of out of Maharashtra, then you will have to file Transfer Petition in Hon'ble Supreme Court.
IT is advisable to sit and discuss the internal differences between you. Normally the courts are inclined to grant reliefs to woman unless you present a strong case for not paying maintenance.

If any further queries please feel free to contact us.

Rakesh V. Misar

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore
19 years Experience

From your description, you appear to have a strong case for a transfer application; I will be able to respond to you After looking at the applications. I also need to understand the status of divorce.

Related Articles

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

Hindu religion. My sister case: My sister is abused financially by her husband.He demands that the entire salary of my sister to be transferred to his…

Read More

I am married since 20-Apr-2017. it been almost 6 months and there was no proper dialog established between me and my wife. I tried multiple times to e…

Read More

I got married in July 2015..though I wasn't happy with this marriage but still I did just to maintain my parents respect n dignity but my husband …

Read More

Wife files false domestic violence case after 18 months of abandoning husband and son,claims compensation,husband files counter,wife fiiles nterim mai…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue