Procedure to get divorce from wife without her consent

How can I get divorce from my wife while she is not agree for this?I have a daughter but it is necessary to separate from each other.

Answers (3)

281 votes

There is grounds set out in Hindu Marriage Act under which you can get divorce if your wife is not agreed to that. Contact a good lawyer, apprise him about all the facts and act accordingly under his advice

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

123 votes

Dear Client,
You can file a divorce petition under section 13 of the Hindu mariage act enumerating your circumstances that led you to divorce in the concerned family court. There are specific grounds on the basis of which you can take divorce.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
77 votes

First you have to decide as what is your ground for divorce. There must be a strong ground against your wife. Then file a petition in your concerned family court. You can file it either in person or through your advocate

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles