Procedure to get divorce from husband for his abusive behavior

My husband abusive and short tempered, he misbehave with me. It's 5years of marriage now. I have a baby to. His family is also not good, my mother in law and sister-in-law torture me many times. Plan and influence my husband for me. Now I decided to get separated kindly guide.

Answers (3)

189 votes

You need to file a petition for divorce under section 13 of the Hindu Marriage Act. Along with the petition file an application for maintenance under section 125 crpc for monthly expenses after getting separated from your husband.
In my opinion you shall also file a criminal complaint under section 498 IPC against the cruelty.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

264 votes

Hello client
I have read ur query it's very bad of ur husband what is he doing with you along with his family .been a women and his wife ur entitled for a dignified and previous life of a respected society. In this Manner he he is doing a crime he should be punished for this wrong. You should file divorce.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
145 votes

You can file divorce on the ground of Cruelty and if you are living separately from your husband from last one year then also on the ground of desertion and in that case you can also claim maintenance from your husband

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles