Procedure to file for divorce on ground of husband having an affair

hi my husband is having many extra marital affair with many ladies , he also admitted to me the same also promised me and given me in written in 3 times that he will not repeat again but no change he is same doing, cheating me , now he started abusing me also raising hand on me. i have done Police NC and also sent him legal notice for mutual divorce , but now he is saying, give me one more chance , he is not ready to give me divorce . we have 2 children 1.5 boy and 4 yr girl. i m fed up with his harassment life , children are also suffering bcoz of this unhealthy atmosphere of domestic violence at home , i want to come out of this with my children. i m hindu regards

Answers (3)

You have a reason to seek legal separation as well as maintainance from your husband and separate residence .See if he improves or else file petition for divorce as staying with him will be if no use as he shall improve only after he becomes old

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Yes, you can file divorce petition under Hindu marriage act 1955. And/ or alsofile maintenance, legal custody of children under Hindu adoption and maintenance act, you can also file domestic violence for getting maintenance, residence, compensation and other reliefs. He cannot compel you to live with him. You can also file criminal complaint against him under bigamy against he and the lady, with whom he is having extra marital affair.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Yes, you can file different cases such as divorce or case of domestic violence under protection of women from domestic violence act 2005 and you can file case of divorce on the ground of adultery as well as cruelty.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

My mother is 60yrs old and my father is 61yrs. Recenty it has been found that he is cheating on her with a younger woman. He has been the gurantor for…

Read More

I have been married since 2.5 years. Nothing is working out b/t us. She doesnt respect me and my parents, treats our home as a lodge. In this 2.5 year…

Read More

I love a married person. His wife is my friend .he loves me too..she was unaware about our affair..but now she knows he wants to get divorce f…

Read More

My friends husband is having an extramarital affair with his collegue. My friend is not willing to divorce him. Is there any law where she can log a p…

Read More