Procedure to file for divorce if wife is having extra marital affair

Hi , I am Hindu. My wife using another phone for contacting his lover . I caught it from my house & get detial through police comlaint . But now i want divorce . 3.5 year marraige life and 1 year gap she is at his father house .

Answers (3)

320 votes

If you want divorce then you have to file the Suit stating grounds.......especially here it will be physical and mental cruelty. If your wife too agrees to divorce then you both jointly can file Divorce petition with mutual consent.

Adv. Suneeta Shukla

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

301 votes

Dear in your matter u can get divorce on basis on her extra marital relation but for u have to give evidrnce of same so u have to file divorce petition before court and than produce all evidence so chances of divorce is very good

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
60 votes

As per Sec. 13 (1) of The Hindu marriage Act their is no direct relation for seeking divorce mere on the ground of contracting another person however as she is living with her parents for last one year and if you able to prove any types of mental cruelty /torture or pain suffer to you from such relation or contract in that case you can approach before the family court and file petition U/s 13(1)(ia).

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles